Finally! Summer is here! And I’m going on holiday this week so this beautiful weather is getting me into holiday mode and I just want to eat so much fresh fruit and veg! Yesterday I decided I wanted some watermelon as I felt like my body was in need of some vitamins and rehydration, and then this happened… My housemates were here so i decided to turn my invention into an ‘event’ and we all toasted to summer! It was the perfect refreshment for a sunny afternoon, and so full of goodness. You could even add a shot of vodka or gin for a healthy cocktail to enjoy with friends, I promise you will be really popular if you do!!
This recipe would probably serve two in standard glasses, or four if you add alcohol and serve in champagne flutes. Hope you all enjoy and stay hydrated!
- A quarter of a small to medium watermelon, cut into chunks and chilled
- 500ml coconut water, chilled
- 25g fresh mint (save a few leaves for the top)
- Crushed ice (optional)
- A single measure of vodka or gin per glass (optional)
- Place the ingredients into a blender and blend until the mint is well combined
- Serve in wine or champagne glasses
- Top with two leaves of mint per glass