I really wish that I had invented this recipe earlier and in time for Christmas. The rich, yet delicate flavours combined with the warming hints of clove could almost have you fooled that it is early December once again. However, as an advocate of all things spiced, I will happily make this recipe over and over again throughout the year. I recently packaged a batch of these beauties up and presented them to my mum for her birthday. She was more than impressed!
When purchasing dried cranberries, always look for those that are naturally sweetened with a fruit juice such as apple juice or pineapple juice (some dried cranberries contain up to 70% added refined sugar!!).
- 200g Pitted dates
- 75g Cashew nuts
- 60g Dried, naturally sweetened cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- A few drops of orange oil (optional)
- A pinch of clove
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth
- Remove and press into a lined container or roll into balls
- Refrigerate for two hours and then cut into pieces