I can’t get enough of anything spiced, in case you hadn’t noticed! I’m constantly adding it to recipes, sweet and savoury, whenever I can! This shake is great as something a bit different, especially if you’re bored of fruit smoothies.
I always keep frozen bananas in the freezer and put them into most of my smoothies to make them thick and keep them colder for longer. I don’t use any other fruit in this smoothie so that the banana flavour still comes through. The tahini in this adds protein and richness, and you could always switch it out for almond or cashew butter instead. I also add a protein powder if I’m having this shake as a breakfast post-workout!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp maca or lucuma powder
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- A pinch of nutmeg to serve
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth
- Serve in a glass and dust with nutmeg to finish