I realised the other day that I have only really made one particular smoothie in my Nutribullet for a long time now. I had run out of bananas (my go-to staple) and the only things in my fruit bowl were an apple and a lime, so I decided to get creative. Earlier in the week I had ordered a Picante De La Casa and thought: if you can put chilli and coriander in a cocktail, why not have it in a smoothie too?!
The avocado can either be added or left out of this smoothie, depending on how substantial you want it to be. The apple adds a sweet contrast to the tangy lime and fiery chilly. The herbs and spices make this a great one for nipping a cold in the bud. I’ve made it three times in the past week, so it is well and truly tried and tested!
- 1 apple, skin removed (I used a pink lady)
- The juice of 1 lime
- A handful of spinach
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- About 5 sprigs of fresh coriander
- 1cm cube of fresh ginger
- ½ a small medium chilli (add more or less to taste)
- ½ an avocado (optional)
- 1-1.5 cups water (depending on whether you add the avocado)
- Place the ingredients in a high speed blender until completely smooth and serve