Did you ever used to make gingerbread as a kid and love eating the raw dough?! I think I almost preferred the dough to the cooked biscuits! Well, it just so happens that these taste exactly like that sweet, sticky, spiced mixture that you used to spend hours rolling out and decorating! However, these are much quicker to make and completely guilt free! They have become a staple in my packed lunches and something I like forward to at around 3pm with a cup of tea for that mid-afternoon energy boost.
These are so packed full of goodness. Ginger is great for inflammation and soothing the stomach. The Maca gives a great energy boost when it is needed, especially during the afternoon! The chia seeds expand to fill you up. The walnuts provide vitamins and protein and that slight bitterness which compliments the sticky medjool dates, providing sweetness and fibre. So all in all, these are a pretty great snack to have to hand! I like to keep them in a jar in the fridge as this keeps them fresher for longer and stops them getting too sticky.
- 200g Medjool Dates
- 75g Walnuts (whole or pieces)
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Maca Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- A Pinch of Salt
- Remove the pits from the dates
- Place all the ingredients into a processor and process for around 2-3 minutes until the mixture is sticky and combined but there are still some small pieces of walnut
- Take out small handfuls and press into balls
- Place these in a jar and refridgerate