This is the kind of salad that my friend Ruby would describe as “one of those salads with too much in” but this is my favourite kind! I love a wholesome, nutritious salad that is a meal in itself.
Every element of this salad contributes to the overall flavour, without overpowering it. The tangy pomegranate seeds contrast with the creamy yoghurt and feta and the mint keeps it really fresh. I like to cook my broccoli al denté so that it maintains its bite.
I really hope you like this salad as much as I do, it makes the perfect meal or side at any time of the day!
- ½ cup quinoa
- ½ cup buckwheat groats
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 small pomegranate
- 50g feta cheese
- ½ cup almond flakes
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup fresh mint
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- In a frying pan, lightly toast the almond flakes on a low heat for a couple of minutes and set aside
- Finely chop the broccoli, including the stems
- Cook the quinoa and buckwheat on the hob until almost soft
- About 3-4 minutes before the end of cooking, add the edamame and broccoli to lightly cook through. Then remove from the heat, drain and rinse
- Place the mixture in a bowl with the salt, pepper, cumin and paprika and mix well.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate, crumble the feta and mix in
- In a separate small bowl, mix the yoghurt, olive oil and mint
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve with the toasted almonds on top