There are some mornings when simple is best. There’s nothing like a perfect bowl of porridge. And it can be so nourishing too if you add the right things to it. The addition of baobab to this breakfast classic ensures that you get a good dose of vitamin C to set you up for the day along with an array of other vitamins and minerals. The citrusy flavour makes it a great addition at breakfast time, along with the almond milk and cinnamon that give the porridge a natural sweetness. A sprinkling of coconut sugar offsets the tang of the blueberries perfectly and these toppings add a great texture to the smooth, creamy oats.
What’s even better is that this porridge only takes a few minutes to make and will keep you full until lunch time, making it a great breakfast when you are in a rush with a busy morning ahead! Enjoy!
- 1 cup porridge oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- 2 tsp baobab powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or honey, brown rice syrup or maple syrup)
- A generous handful of blueberries
- Put the oats, almond milk, cinnamon and baobab into a small pan on a low heat and heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- When almost done, turn off the heat and stir for about 30 seconds more to make the porridge really creamy
- Transfer to a bowl and top with the coconut sugar and blueberries